Sender:
From:
Scott Quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 17:33:52 -0500
> > i was at the last two ccha championships, and in my opinion, michigan has
> > not played up to their potential in either of them.  last year, they were
> > decimating league opponents throughout march, but got to the playoffs and
> > 'played a bad game'?  i think michigan state and lssu both have a mystique
> > that michigan may not yet be confident that they can beat these teams.
> > hopefully this year will prove different.
>
> I don't know about the mystique, or that they played that poorly, I just
> give a lot of credit to LSSU.  I think the "mystique" that U-M might have
> had with MSU disappeared last year at the Joe in that 11-1 game.  I'd
> love to see Ron Mason have that score tattooed on his head in exchange
> for those goon tactics in the 1990? game at the Joe that included the
> brawl.  But that's another story.

oops.  i meant to add that msu and lssu both step it up when it comes
tournament time, and that lssu does deserve a lot of credit for what
they've accomplished over the last few years.  michigan state is still a
good team, but they've been having some off years (for michigan state).  i
didn't get to see the game at yost this year, but i'm sure it wasn't a
fluke.  ron mason runs a quality program over there in east lansing.

scott