Sender:
From:
Scott Quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 17:28:51 -0500

> Plattsburgh lost to Bemidji St., 8-5 in the 1986 championship
>  game. The next year, P. won it all, defeating Oswego St., 8-5.
>  In 1988, Plattsburgh was eliminated by Babson, 2 games to 1.
>  ALL THREE places were later vacated, and Plattsburgh's
> tournament record adjusted accordingly.  The NC$$ Coll.
> championship book now lists P's official tournament
> appearances as 1985, 90, 92, and 93.

what does the championship book say about the title?  does the loser of
the title game get it?

what about the teams that lost to plattsburgh in the playoffs?
these teams didn't advance in the tournament, but didn't lose a game.  it
doesn't make that much difference in the regular season, because the
playoffs will work out anyhow, but in the playoffs.

i remember reading about wisconsin in 1992.  (correct me if i'm wrong).
they beat michigan in the tournament, but if they're forced to forfeit,
it's like michigan didn't want to continue.  i think something other than
forfeits should be done.  they just create a sticky situation.

scott quakkelaar