Sender:
From:
Matthew Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 15:57:33 -0500
On Tue, 8 Feb 1994, David Carroll wrote:

> Harvard is *fast* and plays a very aggressive game of disrupting passes
> at center ice. BU didn't look sharp. When Harvard gave them trouble
> coming up ice, it seemed that they were reverting to some "dump"
> hockey. Unfortunately you can't get away with that when the other
> team is either faster or out-hustling you into the corner for that puck.

Though I hadn't seen thim yet this year, was surprised to see how
defensively BU was playing. This seemed to result in more overall shots
for Harvard, but a couple of breakaways on which Tripp Tracy had to make
impressive saves.
        Regarding the T, and fans leaving early: the message that the
last train connecting to the red line would leave at 12:40 was annoying,
but as could be expected it was delayed anyway, s.t. everyone who stayed
until the end of the game had time to make it, and it finally left around
12:50.
        My apologies for overenthusiasm in last night's posts. Referring
speciffically to the crowd leaving at the Garden, I do realize both that
people had to get up the next morning & that many empty seats were from
BC and Northeastern. But after the score became 4-1, it seemed that
Harvard fans left far outnumbered BU fans left. Considering how vocal the
cheers were at the start of the game, before that the BU fan section
seemed to be the far larger of the two.

--Matt