Sender:
From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 1994 14:20:44 -0500
Recruiting update (from the Boston Globe 1/27/94)

Michigan:
    "Michigan-bound forward Matt Herr scored with 1:08 remaining as Hotchkiss
(9-5) edged Canterbury, 2-1, at Lakeville, Conn."  <Prep-School League>

BC:
    "BC has five solid recruits headed its way:  defensemen Tommy O'Connor of
the Springfield Olympics and Ken Hemmeway of Anchorage; forwards Jamie O'Leary
of Northwood School and Timmy Lewis of Avon Old Farms; and goalie Michael
Correia of Avon Old Farms, which won the New England Tournament two year in a
row" (my note:  but lost last night, 3-2)

BU:
    From the section on where the football All-Scholastics are headed, Anthony
Palmer of Winthrop is listed as trying to decide between UNH for football or
BU for hockey.  To be quite honest, I have never heard of him, and Winthrop is
not exactly known as a hockey hot-bed (to be polite).  Winthrop is, however,
6-2 in the Northeastern H.S. league, a good EMass div II H.S. league, not not
one that produces div I college talent.

Question #1:

Who has Kris Hanson of St. John's Prep.?  Hanson has passed BU-bound Mike
Sylvia in scoring in the Catholic Conference and now has 20-11-31 in 9 games.
(Sylvia has 10-19-29 in 10 games)  He is the obvious star of the 3rd ranked
team in EMass High School hockey.

Question #2:

If anyone has any more info on the recruits for any schools, I would greatly
appreciate it. (or knowledge on where I could keep up on this)

Thanks,

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre