Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 1994 08:47:00 PST
Walt Olson writes...

>I saw the CCHA Digest last night. Apparently, MSU is in the cat-bird
>seat to spoil UM attempts to break a couple of records currently
>held by MSU. The win streak record is 18 held by the MSU team of 83-84
>and unbeaten streak is 24 held by the MSU team of 89-90. I may be a
>year or two off on the teams as I did not write them down. (They say
>memory is the second thing to go when you get old! :-) Meybe someone
>can tell me what the first was.)

I believe the first is the ability to do integral calculus.  :-)

I apologize for not knowing the full details of the above, but I can add a
couple of things.  As Walt said, the longest winning streak is 18 games, by
MSU.  Michigan's streak stands at 16, hence they can tie the record with a
sweep this weekend.

The longest unbeaten streak also belongs to MSU and is either 27 or 28
games.  Michigan's current streak is 24, dating back to last year.

  John H
  U Mich