Sender:
From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 1994 01:20:09 -0500
Arthur Mintz wrote:
>Greg Berge wrote:
>>Two related questions which, I think, should
>>inform the discussion:
>>
>>1.  If Colgate were to be penalized during the
>>delay, would the penalties be treated exactly like
>>coincidentals (i.e., would the teams still skate
>>5-on-5)?
>
>Yes.

Of course. Coincidentals _start_ at the same time, they need not take place
at the same time.

>>2.  Is a goal scored on a delayed penalty recorded
>>as a powerplay goal?  Does the player receive 2
>>minutes in the record books?
>>

>No. No (although it would make sense to record the infraction and charge
>the player with the 2 minutes).

I could only see recording the penalty if there is some sort of maximum
penalty rule. What I mean is this. I referee box lacrosse, and they call
for an automatic ejection if a player gets 5 penalties. Because of this
rule, it makes sense for delayed penalties cancelled by goals to be recorded.
Otherwise, it's just unnecessary paperwork.

See you later,
John

--
John C.K. Edwards         Stats Geek, Ottawa Jr. Senators (CJHL, Jr. A)
Poli Sci/Law III      GO CATS GO!!! (13-32-1)  TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!!! (6-10)