Sender:
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 91 18:09:00 EST
With interest I read about the Independent tournament in Anchorage,
Alaska March 9-10.  I had not heard the news the Notre Dame would
be playing against Fairbanks in the first game, although it doesn't
surprise me.  Actually, I believe that the seedings will be made
after this weekend's important series between Fairbanks and
Anchorage. Both are good teams although neigther team has managed to
pull off any impressive victories over Div. I opponents, especially
higher ranked teams.  As for Notre Dame, we'll be there even though
there is no chance that we will receive further consideration for
NCAA tournament.  If the ground is soft enough, we'll bury the corpse
and plan for next season. We graduate only one fourth line senior.
Certainly that is not to imply that we will have a power house of
a team next year but better. The N.D. administration had a very
informative meeting with Commissioner Bill Beagan of the CCHA. There
is little doubt that we would be welcome in the league.  Now, our
administration simply has to make a decision. Rest assured that the
hockey fans in South Bend, the players, and especially the coaches
are hopefully that we will choose to enter the CCHA. The sooner
the better.