Sender:
From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 12:52:25 -0500
Re - the Brawl and comments by Chris Lerch and Russell Jaslow:

1. I 've had at least 5 "eye witnesses" talk to me about this
   incident - including Coach Rick Ross (Canisius College grad)
   and former Asst. Coach at Canisius, and parents and high
   school coaches.

2. Coach Ross has a tremendous amount of integrity and from what
   has been described to me showed a lot of restraint as did
   his players.  Several of his players were being beaten
   up - "ganged on" - by 2 and 3 of Elmira's players.  That
   is how it was decribed to me. In fact , one parent asked
   me why the Brockport coach did'nt let his players become
   more involved in it - like the Elmira coaches did.

3.. The fight was initiated - so I hear - because the Elmira

    goalie - kicked the Brockport player at the end of
     the game.

4.  I'll stop here - no flames - but I have been told
    by several sources that Coach Ross restrained his
    extra players from getting involved and made every
    attempt to break up the melee.  He did not condone
    nor did he encourage his players to get involved.

You read between the lines - I'll leave it there.

Cavanaugh@Canisius