Sender:
From:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1993 15:28:05 EDT
Comments:
Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Phone: (502)588-5752

The last paragraph from Mike's post re Prep schools and eligibility is worthy
of further consideration. For at least 30 years in Mass., some Prep schools
have served a farm system function for some of the major programs. If this is
OK in hockey, why don't more Div I basketball programs use this approach
rather than lose 1 yr of eligibility with direct enrollment under Prop 18 or 2
yrs of eligibility with the Junior College route? In addition, Mike indicated
after Prep school, eligibility is intact if the student is under 20 years old.
Did I miss something in the Tom Glavine discussion? I thought it was agreed he
could go to college when he retired from baseball and have his hockey
eligibility intact. Is this an inconsistency or are there two different sets
of rules for the different situations?