Sender:
From:
Mark Gibbons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1993 11:29:29 EDT
from the artical:

        "If KSTP were to broadcast games, Al Shaver, the voice of the North Stars for
        each of their 26 seasons, might do play-by-play."
Mn. fans would have a real treat, as Al is IMHO the BEST hockey play-by-play guy
around.  Al's "HE SCORES" occurs about the same time as crowd reaction (as opposed to
4 bars into the school song like many others).  He is remarkable at learning names of
opponents (when KSTP did the HS tourny he would KNOW players on 8 teams he had seen
once during a practice, & call the game using them - big help in knowing what lines are on over the radio).

        Woog said he welcomes any new hockey fans, but regrets that some might come at
        the North Stars' expense.  "And I'm not interested in capturing the fur-coat
        crowd,"  Woog said.  "The North Stars saw what good that did.  The white-collar
        crowd is not a loyal hockey crowd, and they've never been Gopher hockey fans."
WOW - Dougie won't make any friends with the downtown money crowd talking like this!

best,
me

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.
The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the
existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god
coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism
is beyond the scope of this article.)