Sender:
From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1993 01:20:10 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Mike Machnik
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>Since NU won't have to travel, they will still play at Maine in a game
>that will be shown  on NESN.  The other three series will conclude
>Sunday.

This isn't really appropriate to throw onto the net, but I was thrown
for a loop in trying to respond directly...

I don't understand the phrase "Since NU won't have to travel..."
It's a travesty Hockey East officials won't postpone tonight's game.
I know the game is for the players, but we fans pay money to watch.
Only a fool would risk his life to travel a great distance in the
middle of a blizzard to watch a hockey game.

People from all over Maine travel to Orono to see the Black Bears
play. A friend of mine who lives in Guilford, which is about 50
miles and to west of Orono, told me the interstate was full of
cars heading to the game for a couple of miles.

Granted, I am biased because I paid for her ticket, but if the
game isn't postponed, neither one of us will be able to go. I
don't see the sense in playing a game in an empty arena. Fans
have paid good money, and even though my friend and I get tickets
at the student rate, we're going to lose money we can't afford to
lose, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Yes, the game is for the players, but what Hockey East, the NCAA,
Northeastern, and Maine (redundant phrasing, I know) are doing is
robbing the fans of their money. It's not good business. Unfortun-
ately, the fans will always come when they can. The least that
could be done is offer a refund because this is a special exception.

Ryan Robbins - Someone who's a little upset he'll most likely lose
$12.