Sender:
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1992 23:36:42 EDT
The return of the traditional "sleepout" went fairly smoothly this past Friday
night.  About 500 fans spent a lovely night on the inviting concrete of Lynah
Rink to purchase their season tickets.  Being one of the few students who had
been a part of this event before its recent hiatus, I feel that this is still
the best way to let the diehard/crazy hockey fans get their tickets.  A nice
new touch to the event was the addition of pizza and soda served by the members
 of the team, and sprung for by the athletic department.  After serving what
must have been a few hundred pizzas, the team was introduced, and given 18
Frosh, there were a buch of new names.  Also observing the undergrads, the in-
genuity never ceases to amaze me.  One group had a TV and VCR with movies,
while another had a video game with a TV monitor, and one group had sectional
furniture, for that homey look in the goal crease.  For myself, other than a
slightly stiff back, I survived quite well, although I did not quite get my
recommended 8 hours of sleep (like I missed by about 4 or 5).  But I did get
good seats for this year, and that was the real purpose of the excersie anyways
I would suggest, however, if one spends the night sleeping on the blueline,
the more padding the better, as one pad is not quite enough.  Well now it is
just a wait until 7 November when Waterloo comes to Lynah for an exhibition
game to kick off the '92-'93 season.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'9?
Let's Go RED!!!