Sender:
From:
Anne Baseler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:20:11 -0400
The "punishment" for icing is a faceoff right in front of your goalie.  I
think that's appropriate and sufficient.  Preventing fatigued players from
leaving the ice seems potentially dangerous.

In other words, I agree with John.

Anne
Cornell '85

PS:  I think it's a huge compliment when a has to keep icing the puck just
to hang in with your team's offense.  It can be a bit of a drag, because it
slows the game down, but the TV timeouts are much worse.