Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 20:25:39 -0400
From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Comments:
Well I hope this becomes a topic of conversation for this off-season.  I
have had a few questions mulling over in my mind ever since I found out that
Brian McCloskey was applying for this job.

1) If a man becomes head coach of a women's team does it in someway violate
the spirit of Title IX?  I realize that Title IX is all about gender
equality for participating athletes, but the increasing trend of men
coaching women's sports does seem to be a setback for women.  JMHO.

2) Did McCloskey get the job because he was the most qualified, because he
was from UNH or because he was a guy.  Or was it a little bit of all three?

3) What kind of impact will McCloskey's departure have on the men's program?
After all, he is credited with bringing in such players as Boguniekci,
Mowers, Krog, Bekar and Hemingway, to name a few.  Can he be replaced, and
by whom?

Just something to chew over folks.  Have a great summer.

Greg Ambrose