Sender:
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:53:14 -0700
To: Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Greg Ambrose wrote:

> I certainly have to defer to you since you were there but I always thought
> the 1976 NCAA was in St. Louis.  As I recall, wasn't the BU-Minnesota
> semi-final marred by some altercation spurred on by the fact that Minnesota
> was all US (actually all Minnesota) kids while BU was "tainted" by
> Canadians?  I recall listening to the game on the radio and hearing a
> description of a battle between Terry Meagher (in the penalty box) and the
> Minnesota trainer (on the bench next to the penalty box).  Perhaps Sean
> Pickett can enlighten me as to whether my memory has clouded with age.

I'm not Sean but my memory of that occasion was that a Minnesota player
spit at Meagher and then Meagher was kicked out of the game for his
retaliation.  My vitriolic dislike of Minnesota dates back to this
incident.  Their zenophobic preference for Minnesotans (or whatever
they're called) reminds me of BC's preference for Americans which,
thankfully, is not as rigid as it once was.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC