Sender:
From:
"Benjamin J. Flickinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:04:45 EST
Wow, just call Dartmouth the Cardiac kids. For the 2nd straight night, they
spotted their opponent a 2-0 lead. For hte second straight night, they came
back to tie it at 2. The difference is that tonight, about 10 seconds after
tying it they got a 3rd goal to pull ahead and make it a W and a 3-point
weekend.

Union's 2 goals were both very pretty. Their first was a 2-on-1 that the guy
placed in the top right corner over Boucher's glove hand. Think of the goal
Lemieux had against Hasek last night in the skills competition and that's
basically the goal this guy had. Their second goal was a one-timer off the
faceoff midway through the second. Bang bang play tha Boucher had no chance on.

But Dartmouth would come back in the 3rd, thanks to some help from stupid Union
penalties. The power play finally converted as Gillings was able to get a
rebound in a scrum in front of the net past Snee on about the 40th SOG
(unofficial - I think the scoreboard guy had a quick trigger finger). About a
minute later on another PP he put another rebound in as Maturo was able to get
the puck through Snee's legs but without enough steam to get it past the line,
and Gillings was there to put the puck in the now empty net.

About 15 seconds later Dartmouth got a rush, a slapper bounced out front off
the glass and the Green were able to get it past Snee to pull ahead. I think
Stempiak got the GWG, but not sure.

Final SoG's were about 50-40, but again I think someone had a quick trigger
finger on the scoreboard button.

Combined with Hahvahd's loss, Dartmouth pulls into a tie for 2nd with Hahvahd
and Clarkson.