Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:18:24 -0500
Apologies since the Nomination announcement was quite unclear ...

Since about half of the nominees so far are hockey players, I'll offer
that the contest if to find the Hockey-L Most Valuable Player.  Next
year, I'll call this the Hockey-L Most Valuable Participant in Hockey-L
award, or something longer, if possible.  Maybe someone else can run
a contest for MVP hockey player.

This contest is to find the best Hockey-L writer for this season.   :-)

>    This e-mail is a call for nominees for the first ever
>    "Hockey-L Most Valuable Player" award.
>
> Executive Summary:
>
>    1. Now thru 30 March, reply to this e-mail with your nomination.
>       One nominee per Info-Hockey-L/Hockey-L reader, please.
>
>    2. Reply to Friday's list of nominees, thru 3 April, with your vote.
>       One vote per Info-Hockey-L/Hockey-L reader, please.
>
>    3. Winner(s) will be announced at the 6 April Hockey-L dinner in
>       Providence, RI.
>
> Long-winded version:
>
> This award (of nothing but recognition) goes to the Hockey-L participant
> who, by decision of the voting committee, was most valuable in making
> this season of Hockey-L enjoyable or important.
>
>     Please send your nominee in private e-mail to [log in to unmask]
>     (most people can simply select their "reply" function when viewing
>     this e-mail) no later than midnight this Thursday, March 30, ET.
>
>     Please note: For your nomination to be counted, the subject line
>     of your e-mail should contain
>
>          HOCKEY-L Most Valuable Player award - Call for Nominations
>
>    and the body of the nomination must contain the name or e-mail address
>    of an Info-Hockey-L or HOCKEY-L poster for the 1999-2000 season.
>
>    Current administrators, as wonderful as they are, are ineligible. :-)
>
> On or about this Friday, I'll post a list of all nominees to this forum.
> about Monday, 3 April, at midnight ET.  The winner will be announced
> at the Hockey-L dinner in Providence.
>
> Post-nomination speeches and testimonials are encouraged.
>
> Hopefully, this short notice will discourage video testimonials, any mud-
> slinging full-page color ads in US College Hockey Magazine, or any
> more animated ads on USCHO. 8-)

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists