Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1992 23:36:00 EDT
I don't remember if the request was for fluke goals from college only, but
I'll relate the flukiest goal I can remember from the NHL:

  The Flyers were playing in Vancouver a few years ago, and had come from a
3-0 deficit to trail just 3-2.  Ron Sutter took a slapshot from the high slot
and hit a Vancouver defenseman's stick.  The puck shot straight up in the air,
but nobody saw where it went, including the Vancouver goalie.  They were still
looking around for it two or three seconds later when it came straight down
and tucked itself into the corner of the net.  Vancouver, i believe, went on
to win the game :-(

  And Ron Hextall, in an attempt to clear the puck from behind the net, once
hit his own defenseman (Moe Mantha) in the shin pads, and the puck promptly
caromed back into the undefended net.

Carl Lindberg
clindberg@colgateu
GO 'GATE!