Sender:
From:
"Patrick E Fleming" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1992 23:00:55 EST
The Buckeyes and the Falcons skated to a 5-5 deadlock tonight in the Barn at
Ohio State.

Bowling Green    2  1  2  0  - 5
Ohio State       1  1  3  0  - 5

The Buckeyes were the victims of their own sloppy play to set up the first
three Falcon goals.  After going up 1-0 on a beautifully tipped shot from the
high slot, the Buckeyes began to fall into lapses.  A dropped puck just inside
the blue line set up a two-on-one for Bowling Green which the Falcons exicuted
perfectly to tie the game at one.  Then, skating three on three, the Buckeyes
fell asleep to allow a Falcon breakaway which put Bowling Green up 2-1.

In the second period, the Buckeyes came back to tie.  They then handed the
Falcons the lead right back when a fouled up line change gave Bowling Green a
three-on-none rush.  For some reason, the game looked like it was headed to
overtime at this point.  I can't remember exactly why I thought that.

The third period began with the Buckeyes tying the game on a power play goal.
They went ahead 5-4 shortly after that when they caught the Bowling Green
defense all on one side of the ice.  But Ohio State again relinquished the lead
with leass than a minute reamining in the game.

The overtime period saw Bowling Green with the two best chances to win the
game.  On the first, the Falcons had a mini-breakaway but the player hit the
crossbar with his shot.  Later, a Falcon player (I didn't have a program so I
didn't know any of the players) shot the puck about four feet over the net to
blow a three-on-one opportunity for Bowling Green.

More deatails will be available in the CCHA press release, I'm sure.

On a more social note, Keith and Karen Instone, David Smith and myself got
together before the game to share some hockey memories from Bowling Green,
Cornell and Notre Dame.  Keith was pleased that the Varsity Club had too many
imported beers to name (aren't we all?)

     - Pat
.

- Department of Chemistry ------------- Bring back the magic -----------