Sender:
From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 06:49:09 -0400
Richard Hungerford posted the ECAC TV schedule:

>   Friday, January 8 Vermont at Yale
>   Saturday, January 23 St. Lawrence at Clarkson
>   Friday, January 29 Colgate at Yale
>   Friday, February 5 Harvard at Union
>   Friday, February 12 Cornell at Vermont
>   Saturday, February 20 Dartmouth at Rensselaer
>   Saturday, February 27 Princeton at Dartmouth
>   Saturday, March 6 Teams to be announced
>   Friday, March 19 ECAC Semifinal
>   Friday, March 19 ECAC Semifinal
>   Saturday, March 20 ECAC Championship

I wonder how the ECAC (or is it NESN and Empire) decides which
games will be televised.  I suspect that they want to have it
balanced, as all the teams except Brown are scheduled at least
once.  However, these do not seem to be the most attractive
matchups based upon any criteria that I can think of.

There are no games scheduled to be broadcast between any of the
teams which were picked to be at or near the top in the recently
announced Coaches' Poll.  Besides for Clarkson-SLU, none of the
games are between travel partners.  Also, there is a grand total
of one Ivy league matchup.

Comparing the games to the Coaches' Poll, the matchups are 10-4,
9-1, 6-4, 3-12, 7-10, 11-5, and 2-11.  Only two of the games are
between teams picked to be less than six places from each other.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74