Sender:
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 17:48:07 EDT
From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
In a message dated 9/9/98 11:44:51 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<I've seen a mouthguard violation called at least once at a Cornell game
(ECAC) in the past few years (2/1/97 against Yale). I seem to remember
a couple of other occurences though if so I didn't explicitly indicate
mouthguard in the box scores. It's not a common event, but it does happen.>>

It has not happened to my knowledge in the WCHA in at least 5 years.

<<I can't honestly say I pay attention to the players mouths during a game
so I don't really know whether this rule is generally adhered to or not.

You don't have to pay much attention...when the mouthpiece is out it dangles
several inches from the facemask...twisting and turning with every player
movement. But then maybe back East it is more adhered to.

Randy May
http://members.aol.com/Al20Secord/Choose.html