Sender:
From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:23:36 -0400
OK, I'm working on my national preview for 1998-99, and I have to
tell you that putting Air Force in the Top 20 is just plain dumb.
You can quibble about several other picks (Western Michigan? St. Lawrence?
Notre Dame?), but I readily admit that this will be a pretty wide open
year.  Still... Air Force ahead of Princeton? Harvard? New Hampshire (or
Northeastern, for that matter). Not even a chance.  I would be interested
in the WCHA explanation for UMD ahead of Wisconsin, Minnesota and St. Cloud
as well -- any takers?

I'd also like to hear some RPI folks justify the pick for 5th -- the way
I see it, RPI is one of the most talented teams in the ECAC but that
was true last year (in fact, it was the most talented team IMO).  I'm
not sure that I could pick RPI over Yale, Clarkson, or Princeton.  Maybe
ahead of Harvard.  And St. Lawrence could easily be right there (never
mind Brown, Vermont and Dartmouth, one of whom could push into the top
half).  This could be a great year for the ECAC , when you think about
it.

-Geoff (I know, Cornell isn't bad either).