Sender:
From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 02:40:35 -0400
> The previous coach (Bruce Delventhal) was *also* supposed to be just the
man
> to do this and he had great credentials).  Jim T. or another Unionite:
why
> did Delventhal leave?  Was that simply a retirement?

Delventhal did not quit in the purest sense of the word, and we'll leave at
that.  Whether he deserved to go is up for debate but not really the issue.

The Union issue has been brought up before, by myself and others - the crux
of my message to Union is "Shit or Get off the Pot"

Union's entire athletic philosophy makes little sense to me, and this
includes football (but this would become a longer message than I want it).
As for hockey, they move up to D-I, but don't give scholarships and give no
preferential aid.  Even the Ivies give preferential aid -- plus they have
the Ivy League name as a recruitment tool.

What does Union have going for it?? Why are they in D-I??  And this is
coming from a guy who likes the "more the merrier" D-I scenario.  But I
don't know why Union bothers. They are run like D-III in every way, not
that there's anything wrong with that.

It was obvious Stan was going to leave if he couldn't get Union to change -
and it was obvious he wasn't getting very far convincing them to change.

I am admittedly far from the situation right now and, as a matter of
record, am saying that up front. But having been close to it before, I'd be
shocked if there's much more to it than the above.

The handwriting has been on the wall for a long time, and should have been
obvious when Moore applied for the Brown coaching job.

AW