Sender:
From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:23:51 -0500
Comments:
>>> Maria Maddaloni <[log in to unmask]> 02/21/97 03:06pm >>>
>>>  It may take more than BU "pulling out all the stops" to get some points
>>> in the standings.  Aside from their lackluster showing last Saturday night
>>> against Lowell, they'll likely be without Tommi Degerman this weekend due to
>>> a knee injury he suffered last week.
>>>
>>>   Even worse, there's a tiny article in the depths of the Boston Herald
>>> that reports that Brendan Walsh (the infamous #19) has been kicked off the
>>> team by Jack Parker for "violation of team rules".   As I recall, Walsh was
>>> previously suspended by Parker for a game in December for violating "team
>>> social rules", whatever that means.

If BU pulls out all the stops, then Maine will have to be on the very top of
their game to play with them. BU is the more talented team. However, I predicted
a Maine sweep because the Black Bears are more consistent of late and are clearly
playing inspired hockey. ( Yet, beware of sleeping giants! *wink* )

Tommi Degerman will be missed, true, if he is indeed scratched. For a rookie,
he's really been a presence on thie ice as far as a communicator, playmaker and
leader.

Walsh booted from team??? Must have been some violation. I imagine Parker to be a
strict by-the-rules type of coach so this may have been something out of his
control. In other words, Walsh may have messed up so bad that Parker had no
choice. I certainly won't miss Walsh and I'm sure any HockeyEast opponent of BU
won't either. What had been a clean, well-disciplined ( for a player like Walsh )
first half for the BU forward has deteriorated into a messy penalty-filled second
half. With Walsh out, Maine will see one or two less power-plays per game. ;)

- Paul.