Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:18:00 -0600
From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Sawicky, Charles x96828b3" <[log in to unmask]>
On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Sawicky, Charles x96828b3 wrote:
> battle, they really battle and so do the fans.  Most other colleges have
> rosters full of Canadiens and since the St. Cloud- MN rivalry is mostly
> with Minnesotans vs Minnesotans, it is even better.  It is the biggest
> rivalry in College Hockey.

----> Its a big rivalry, but lets look at some other big rivalries....
Denver vs Colorado College
Alaska Anchorage vs Alaska Fairbanks
Michigan Tech vs Northern Michigan
Michigan vs Michigan St.
I'm sure there are some big ones out east as well especially in the
Boston area....I agree that the UMinn vs St.Cloud is a big rivalry...I'm
not sure its the biggest.....How would we measure this though.....One
point I would make discounting ST. Cloud is the fact that the Wisconsin
vs UMinn series is so big that it is played in the Target Centre or in
the old Met Centre before it was made a parking lot....The St. Cloud
series is played in the Mariucci isn't it.....I really like that National
Hockey Centre in St. Cloud....Wow do they pump you up before the
game....its awesome............I lived in Northern Minnesota from 92-94
and it seemed to me Wisconsin and UMD were bigger rivals....maybe things
have changed...
---I really like the way St. Cloud is playing this year....what a turn
around from last season...they took a big step up!!!!!

       JASON ROY                   *     *                CBC's
 UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA             *   *         HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA
[log in to unmask]             * *         "The Tradition Continues"
         GO 21                        *
   GO TECH / GO CANADA               * *              Molson Canadian
        GO STARS                    *   *
      GO BILL BERG               ***     ***         The Tragically Hip
    A loose puck doesn't know who's....BigGeR, StRoNger, or DrAfTed hIgheR.
                       BUT IT KNOWS WHO GETS THERE FIRST.       (Bauer CANADA)