Sender:
From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 11:21:58 -0400
Following the discussion on NMU's move, I can't help but reflect on how
fortunate we are here in Hockey East. All this talk about travel distance
has led me to appreciate how difficult the western/central teams have it.
Even the ECAC has many enormous milage gaps between rinks.

Here's what Kristine Maisonville wrote the  other day ...
>>> This past year, I went to the WI games in Madison, the UMD
>>> games in Duluth, and the Northern games, as well as the WCHA
>>> playoffs in Milwaukee. All of them were within a 5 hour drive from
>>> Tech.  If we move to the CCHA, only Northern and LSSU will be that
>>> close.

Imagine! Only having three opposing rinks within 5 hours!!! Unbelievable.

The absolute longest trip any of the Hockey East teams has to make is
about 3 hours (Maine to Providence). Five of the nine teams are within 30
minutes of each other ... and 3 of those are less than ten minutes apart.

Counting my blessings ...

Paul.