Sender:
From:
Ron Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 22:08:41 -0400
In a message dated 96-04-22 14:22:39 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Mike Long)
writes:

>1) Expen$ive.  Ditto for hotel$, car rental, &c.
>2) Bad ice (this will be fixed next year...maybe)
>3) Logan has been rated the WORST airport in the country by the FAA,
>   in terms of delays.  Many pilots also think their snow removal
>   sucks.
>4) Bruins + Celtics get priority (Worcester & Providence have teams
>   too, but only one each).
>5) Did I mention expen$ive?
>
>And just in case anyone thinks I'm biased, I live in Boston.

Ah, since you live IN Boston, it's no wonder you missed one of the biggest
negatives.  You can't get there from outside the city!!!  I went to the HE
championships at the Fleet Center, and it took me 2.5 hours to drive in from
Providence.  The traffic heading into the city (especially since they put in
that &%$^ zipper lane) is absolutely horrendous.  For those not familiar with
the driving distance, it normally takes about an hour to go from Providence
to Boston.  Once you do manage to get there (assuming you survive the carbon
monoxide overload as you go through the Chinatown Tunnel at a slow crawl),
you pull into this parking lot where an attendent requests $15.00 for the
privilage of having pigeon guano cover your car.  Personally, I'd much rather
travel to Worcester (45 minutes from Providence) or Albany (3 hours from
Providence but less aggrevation.)  Of course, if I had my druthers, I'd like
to see the tourney back in Providence!

-- Ron