Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 13:25:29 -0500
At 10:43 AM 3/31/96 -0500, Steven Bartley wrote:

>period.  On CC's second goal, no one has mentioned that Frescoln who played a
>decent NCAA series was checking and pushing a CC player from the side of the
>net through the goal crease, pushing Marty a little out of the way.  Marty
>could not get back in position quick enough to stop the second goal - at
>least that's the way I saw it.

The way I saw it was a little different.  Frescoln was being picked (thus
why he was pushing) and that pick allowed the man to get open on the other
side of the crease.  Turco made the inital save, but just couldn't get to
the rebound.

I don't think Frescoln was trying to push the CC player into Turco or the
crease to draw a penalty or anything.  I believe he was just desperately
trying to get around the pick and cover his man.
Deron Treadwell                                 [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine                                    GO BRUINS!  GO DUCKS!!