Sender:
From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 08:48:11 -0900
At 11:26 AM 3/28/96 -0600, Jeff B wrote:

>"UIC's move signals a broad increase in its commitment to
>basketball.  Using money from ice hockey, which sources said
>will be officially dropped as early as Thursday, the school will
>devote more funding to coaching salaries and to operations
>such as recruiting."

Interesting.  I wonder if the simple fact of increasing the coach's salary
will lead to immediate success on the court.  If that's the case, why aren't
pro coaches payed more than star players?  Perhaps there is not an upward
sloping relationship between salary and winning percentage...  I smell a
thesis topic here :)

Condolences to our friends in Chicagoland...

-----
Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.
Purchasing Agent
University of Alaska Anchorage