Sender:
From:
Steven Bartley Univ Of Michigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 13:38:25 -0500
John Madden scored his ninth short handed goal of the season. I'm not sure
where that puts him with any records but I know this is a lot of short handed
goals by one person.  Some teams don't score this many as a team.
Kevin Hilton's goal last night gave him, I believe, double digit goals for
each of his 4 years at UM.
John H will have more about this one later, but Bubba finally got his first
and second penalty(ies) of the season - all in one shot.  Or should I say
several shots.  Anson Carter started pushing Bubba around and Bubba must have
said, that's it, and went to town with Anson getting a roughing penalty and
cross-checking(?) all at once.  Good for Bubba!!!
MSU also had a 5 on 3 late in the second period for 42 seconds and did not
score though they came close.
Tonight's game of UM vs LSSU sets up arguably the two best teams in the
country as of this minute.
Steve