Sender:
From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 14:49:36 EST
Doug Garn compiled a list of Greatest Games:

> I'm not going to mention every game game that got 1 vote, but only
> the ones that got more then 1 vote.

> 1991 NCAA Finals  NMU vs BU             6 votes
> 1995 NCAA Semis Maine vs Michigan       5 votes
> 1989 NCAA Finals Harvard vs Minnesota   3 votes
> 1994 2nd rnd Minnesota vs UML           3 votes
> 1993 NCAA Finals LSSU vs Maine          2 votes

Does everyone note the similarity between each of these games that garnered
at least two votes?

Well besides for the fact that each is a tourney game, the similarity is
that each of them involves one eastern team and one western team.

Just another vote that perhaps more such games should be scheduled during
the regular season.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74
(who happens to be against there being interleague play during the regular
season in MLB.  So much for consistency in my opinions.)