Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 08:45:13 -0500
This note is for all MTU alumns on the list and anyone else who has
the right equipment and wants to catch MTU's hockey game on the
Satellite feb 9th with NMU.

Bob

----- Begin Included Message -----

MTU LIVE:  February 9 is MTU Live, as we beam a hockey game
live via satellite.  We have a number of receiving sites
confirmed and they are listed below.  Alumni living in these
areas will receive a flyer with the details.  If you'd like
to arrange for a receiving site in your area, contact Darcy
Way ([log in to unmask] or 906/487-2400).

SATELLITE COORDINATES:  For C-Band we're on the Galaxy 4 at
99 degrees west longitude, transponder 5, vertical
polarization, channel 5, 3800 MHz frequency and audio on 6.2
MHz. and 6.8 MHz.

For Ku-Band, we're on the SBS-6 satellite, 74 degrees
longitude, transponder 8, vertical polarization, 11896.5 MHz
frequency and audio at 6.2 MHz. and 6.8 MHZ.

The number for technical assistance prior to or the day of
the event is 906-487-2299.  Ask for Stan LaMuth.

So far, these cities are on board:

Alpena                          Milwaukee, WI
Atlanta                         Minneapolis/St. Paul
Benton Harbor/St. Joe           New York/North Jersey
Boston                          Phoenix
Chicago                         Pittsburgh
Cincinnati                      Philadelphia
Columbus                        Portland, OR
Denver
Detroit                         Saginaw/Flint
Ft. Lauderdale                  San Diego
Grand Rapids, MI                Seattle
Green Bay                       Tampa/St. Pete
Indianapolis                    Traverse City
Kalamazoo                       Washington, DC (three
Kansas City                        locations:  Lanham and
Lansing/Jackson                    Waldorf, MD; and Fairfax VA
Los Angeles

TechAlum is a weekly electronic newsletter published by the
Michigan Tech Alumni Association.  This project has been
made possible by the Alumni Association and MTU's
Information Technology Services.  For more information,
contact Dean Woodbeck at [log in to unmask]

----- End Included Message -----