Sender:
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 01:25:25 -0500
I wanted to start out by saying how much I enjoy reading Hockey-L and all of
the wonderful opinions.  It  is reassuring to see that there are a number of
people out there who are as crazed about hockey as I am!!

My only wish is that we could have transported all of the hockey-l writers
into World Junior venues.  With the exception of the US v. Canada in
Worcester, attendance has been pitiful.  Moreover, that was the worst
tournament game that I have seen.

I am particularly dissappointed in the attendance at the Mullins center in
Amherst.  I am not sure if people realize what a beautiful facility we have
out here in Amherst.  Bostonians have to realize that Amherst is only 1 1/2
hours away, and with the exception of the Fleet Center and UNH's new rink,
both of which I have yet to see, this is the nicest facility in the North
East.(Personally, the fact that Mullins has two Olypic size sheets of ice
makes it by far the best facility in the East!!!)

Another disturbing footnote is the sponsorship of the tournament.  Now I am
not nieve (sp) to the fact that sponsorship money greatly contributes to the
running of this tournament, however there are more ads  on the boards than
people in the stands.  I think that there should have been more emphasis on
getting people out to the venues,than making money.  Hindsight is 20/20, but
there was a reason for this tournament coming to Massachusetts.  This area is
supposed to be a hockey hot bed, but if this is the type of support that can
be expected, we may never host the tournament (or one like it) again...

Cedor to the Terriers 96