Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 08:16:10 -0700
Jack Parker may be an icon at BU, and lord knows I love the BU team, but
Parker is displaying prejudices which have demonstrably harmed the US
team on the ice as they embarrass themselves at the World Junior
tournament.  Never mind what I've got to say, or feel about this, the
following is from today's Edmonton Journal:

U.S. AWFUL

Oilers Jason Bonsignore wasn't invited to play for Team USA at the World
Junior tournament, but he wasn't too disappointed.

He couldn't figure out, however, why Toronto Maple Leafs draft Sean
Haggerty was cut by USA coach Jack Parker, who has gone with a strictly
NCAA lineup [yes, I know there are a couple of juniors on the team--AB]

"Sean has 40 goals in Detroit (Junior Whalers).  He was third leading
scorer on our team in Red Deer, and they cut him." said Bonsignore, who
has played in two World Juniors.

He tuned into Canada's 6-1 win over the Americans Tuesday night, and
wasn't exactly enamoured with the anemic looking offence on Team USA.  Or
with Parker, for that matter.

"The guy said in Hockey News, even if Richard Park (Penguins), Deron
Quint (Jets) and myself had been available, he wouldn't take us.

"It's not that maybe we all would have made the team, but just out of
courtesy, or in the competitive spirit, thinking you might win a gold
medal, you'd think he'd call."

END OF ARTICLE

Indeed, results show the US team is paying the price for Parker's myopia.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
GO CANADA!!!