Sender:
From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 12:29:40 -0800
Comments:
To: Greenie <[log in to unmask]>
At 01:11 AM 12/7/95 -0700, Greenie wrote:

>Denver in particular has a remarkably high amount of junior hockey recruits
>(as do the two Alaska schools, but I don't know their prices).

As part of the University of Alaska Statewide System, both UAF and UAA
charge the same tuition rates.  Based on the full-time minimum of 12
credit-hours, tuition and room/board charges total around $8,000 annually
for non-residents and a little under $5,000 for Alaska residents.  (Note:
UA formerly had agreements with certain western Canadian
provinces/territories to extend resident rates to those students.  I don't
know if these agreements are still in effect.)

Also, many junior hockey recruits which end up in Alaska often started out
up here, choosing to go Outside to play juniors rather than play high school
hockey here.

Mark
Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.                                 Voice (907)786-6505
Purchasing Agent                                          Fax (907)786-6515
University of Alaska Anchorage           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
  UAF Hockey fans say: "Sure wish our first full CCHA season was 1993-94"