Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 22:49:55 -0500
Sender:
From:
"Siren R. Chudgar" <[log in to unmask]>
>        Here's a crazy idea that I thought people might be interested
>in "discussing" (perhaps trashing?).  What gave me the idea were two
>recent post-season "situations:" Maine's forfeit-laden finish a couple of
>years ago in HE's regular season, and the NY Rangers' final-playoff-spot
>finish in the NHL East last regular season.  It seemed to me that the
>first-place teams in each case were "unlucky," in a sense.
>
>        So, how about letting regular-season #1 *choose* what team it
>wants to face in the first round?  Then, regular-season #2 (unless chosen
>by #1) picks *its* opponent, and so on.  Might not the resulting series
>be more competitive?  Might not the "chosen" team be especialy fired up?
>

>                                                       Dave Delchamps
>                                                       Cornell University
>                                                       Let's Go Red !!

I agree with your thoughts completely Dave.  I think that allowing the
number 1 team to choose who it wants to play, would definitely give the
chosen team a great deal of incentive to get fired up.  I wonder if this
has ever been tried before, and if so, how did it go?  It is definitely
something that maybe the NC$$ should consider.

Siren Chudgar '96
Clarkson University
LET'S GO TECH!!!