Sender:
From:
"William E. Corrigan, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 18:26:03 -0500
 I was there for the now-legendary Clarkson-PC semifinal in 1981 and would
agree with Joe Carr that it was one of the great collegiate games played in
post-season ECAC (when we were all one, big, (perhaps not totally happy),
seventeen-member family) Championship competition.

It's been a little while since Brown last appeared in the Boston Garden
(1978 to be exact) what with the ECAC move to Lake Placid where the Bears
advanced in 1993 and 1994.  But one of the more memorable games was the
1976 match-up with Cornell in the ECAC Championship semifinal round -- not
so much because Brown prevailed, 6-2, and eventually moved on to the NCAA
tourney at the D. U. Arena where they lost to the Michigan Tech Huskies in
double OT and then edged the B. U. Terriers 8-7 in the conso. -- but
because the victory represented the fourth win over the Big Red during the
1975-76 season (two regular season games, home (7-2) & at Lynah (7-3) ; one
holiday tournament victory in the Syracuse Invitational (9-6) and the
Garden party.  Just as I agree with Arthur Mintz that the ECAC tournament
belongs back in Boston, I know that Arthur would agree with me that it is
most unlikely that Brown will ever again meet Cornell (or any other school
for that matter) on four occasions during one hockey season, much less with
one team posting a sweep.  Lately, at least in the ECAC, conference parity
seems to move up a notch with each new season, and the Division is rarely
decided until the final night of the regular season.  A fond farewell to
the Garden, a welcome to the FleetCenter and let the games begin!

Bill Corrigan

LET'S GO BRUNO!

1995 IVY LEAGUE CHAMPIONS