Sender:
From:
DAVE KING X8504 MS 10-32 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:52:38 -0700
   Gary Thorne generaly plugs college hockey in most of the hockey
broadcast that I have seen him do. To answer (I think it was Andy ! sorry I
deleted the post already) question about Gary's affiliation with Maine. I'm not
sure if he attended the University of Maine but in the 80's he was the
play-by-play braodcaster for both UofM hockey and baseball. Like Emrick he
got his start in sports broadcasting doing college games and he has not
forgotten his roots.

    In my opinion Gary Thorne is one of the best hockey play-by-play
announcers in broadcasting today.

Dave King

David King                                   National Semiconductor
Internet Address:                            South Portland, Maine
[log in to unmask]                          (207)775-8504
                           Disclaimer
  The views contained in the above message are those of the sender and not
of National Semiconductor.