Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 00:27:29 EST
As I will be away for the next 2 weeks, HOCKEY-L will be on cruise
control.  I should be back about April 10, so if you send mail to the
administrator, please be patient.

In case anyone posts to HOCKEY-L a question regarding their
subscription, I invite you all to respond to them (privately) for the
next two weeks!

Sample questions/requests:

1. Please subscribe me.  Tell them to send mail to
   [log in to unmask], as their mail to HOCKEY-L was just
   distributed to 1,200 subscribers and a few thousand others via a
   couple of dozen local redistributions as junk mail.  The format of a
   subscribe command is

      subscribe hockey-l Your Name

2. Please switch my subscription to daily digests.  Same as above,
   except send

      set hockey-l digests

3. Please unsubscribe me.  Same as above, except send

      unsub hockey-l

4. Please unsubscribe me;  I sent mail to [log in to unmask], but
   it didn't work.  Same as above.  Their e-mail address has changed.
   They must wait until I read their mail.  I will read private mail
   ([log in to unmask]) before I read HOCKEY-L mail!

5. Why was my subscription removed?  If there is trouble delivering
   HOCKEY-L mail, your subscription will be removed.  (That's what
   happens now, but I often ignore some problems ...  no problems will
   be ignored for the next few weeks).  If this happens to you, feel
   free to resubscribe *once*.  If your subscription is removed again,
   please send private mail to me and check with your local postmaster
   to determine the cause of the problem.  I will probably not respond
   until April 15th ...  oops tax day ...  make that the week after
   April 15th.  If you resubscribe more than once, I won't be in good
   humour.

6. HOCKEY-L articles suddenly stopped.  See 5 above.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Providence!

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Amazingly few subscribers have signed off HOCKEY-L as we near the
      end of the season.  Great!  HOCKEY-L continues throughout the
      year.  Of special note: Later this Spring we will be restarting
      the HOCKEY-L meta-list ([log in to unmask]) for discussions
      toward the improvement of HOCKEY-L.  Stay tuned.  We should see
      significant change, hopefully viewed by most as improvements, next
      season.