Sender:
From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 05:31:06 -0500
Tony Buffa wrote:

> The hockey content is below.... but did anyone see the soccer goalie in a
> tourney in Europe recently score a goal? This was WITH the other goalie in
> place, after a save he launched a huge kick that bounced in the midst of
> the defenders, the other goalie was out about 5 meters in front of his
> goal, and it bounced over his outstretched fingertips ... into the net!  A
> goal for the other goalie, I think a first in major hockey (scuse me,
> soccer, or football depending on where you are) and probably something
> that will "never" happen again!  Amazing to watch.  It might be on your
> sports broadcasts tonite via tape of course!

To get this thread back to college hockey.  There has been a goal
scored by a goalie with the other goalie in the net in college hockey.
The only problem is that it is not recognized by the NCAA because the
game was against a team from Sweden.  In the December 1980 RPI
Invitational Tournament, the Maine goalie scored a goal against a team
from Vasby Sweden while the Vasby goalie was in goal.  I do not
remember the name of the Maine goalie (or the Vasby goalie either),,
but I suspect that someone will supply the name before I look for the
game program at home.  This came up before when the Maine goalie
became an assistant coach (at UNH?), I think two years ago.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74
To all Badgers, please yell "Sieve" against Minnesota on Friday (many
times)