Sender:
From:
"Richard C. Crepeau" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 22:17:42 -0500
Tony,

Just a note to point out that there are times that the SAT and ACT do not
do the job. If you have seen the movie "Hoop Dreams" you will know that
William Gates took, I believe the ACT, five times before scoring enough
to qualify for entrance and competition at Marquette University. Gates
has not become a big star player but will graduate this year. So these
tests don't always work, although I would agree they do work some. They
are especially good predictors for white middle class high school students.

One more view from the campus.

On the other hand the suggestion that no one goes out to watch a player
because of their standardized test scores is self-evident and irrelevant.
It would not be wise to open the campus to anyone who had shoot a puck,
bounce a ball, or catch and throw a pass. Several places have proven that.

Dick Crepeau
University of Central Florida
Go Gophers

"You don't have to be a good sport to be a bad loser."--Morgan Mundane