Sender:
From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 1995 11:27:40 EST
>This is certainly quite interesting. Does anyone really think that
>Herlofsky is a 'horrible' goalie?

He certainly was horrible early this season in the two games against UMass-
Lowell.  BU escaped with a win and a shootout loss, but Herlofsky's play was
enough to make a BU fan "Herl".  :-)  From what little I've seen since then
he's settled down greatly, but he was butt-ugly in those two games.  It
actually would be interesting to see what his stats would be this season if
those two "performances" were eliminated.  Those two games (well, one and a
half since he got pulled in the first one) put him in a hole statistically
that he really hasn't crawled out of since.  Every goalie's stats would
improve if you eliminate his one or two worst performances, but my guess is
that this is true more so for Herlofsky than most.

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!        Go Leafs! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!    Go Maine!!           Go BU! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*