Sender:
From:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 10:33:31 -0600
Wallinheimo.... or 'Wally' as the fans at Marriucci arena lovingly call
him, is currently the second best goalie in the WCHA with a GAA of 2.79.
Gopher goalie Jeff Callinan is 1st in the WCHA with a GAA of 2.68.

I'm looking forward to some entertaining hockey this weekend between
these two talented teams. I have a feeling these are going to be
physical, grinding type games with a high possibility of goalies being
run. Gopher Coach Doug Woog has expressed concern with the trend of
running the goalie in WCHA games, so I doubt if Minnesota's Pride on Ice
will be participating in any goalie hitting, although with Wally's flashy
antics and tendency to sit off to one side of the crease and then go
flying whenever any player from the opposing team skates within 5 feet of
him it might appear that the Gopher players might be trying to run him.

Callinan also has a penchant for leaving the goal and skating around in
pursuit of pucks. If he's not careful he might end up on his padded
keester back behind the goal!

Looking froward to a great series!
Reed