Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 11:12:53 EST
Mike writes:

>In the consolation, Northeastern knocked off Harvard 4-2 despite being
>outshot 24-16.  This was a game that was bound to mean a lot to both
>teams' NC$$ tourney bid hopes, yet Harvard coach Ronn Tomassoni made
>an interesting move in choosing to play little-used senior Steve
>Hermsdorf in net.

Another push for the NC$$ to release its ratings at some point other than
tourney time.  I suspect that Tomassoni didn't know that Harvard was two
places out of a tournament bid (according to the latest RPICH), otherwise
he probably would have gone with Tripp Tracy, who rebounded from the BC
debacle with a solid game against Cornell.  I can see Tomassoni's thinking:
hey, it's a consolation game, which by its very nature is difficult to
care about -- why not give the backup a shot?  It's not really intuitive
to think that such a game could have a major impact on whether or not
Harvard makes the NC$$ tourney.
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94.5               |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"Top Ten San Diego Charger Excuses:
"6.  If only we'd had Shapiro and Cochran on defense."
-- David Letterman, "Late Show with David Letterman"