Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 10:04:43 EST
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]> writes:

Will ``The Thrill'' Anderson
*****************************
In his first game as a Gophers hockey player, Will Anderson didn't
score, and he didn't play excellent defense. But he got noticed.

Late in the third period of Friday night's game, Anderson leveled
Minnesota-Duluth center Chris Sittlow and sent the 9,510 fans at
Mariucci Arena in a frenzy.

Gophers coach Doug Woog, who plans to redshirt Anderson this
season, contemplated playing him again on Saturday, noting that his
fire on the ice was appreciated by the coaches.

Could someone fill me in on the "redshirt"ing rules?  I'm unclear as to
how Anderson can redshirt when he played in a game.

   - Steve