Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 15:02:57 -0500
Brian Wrote:

>Taylor could very well be the best in HE.  His poor stats are partially due
>to the fact that BC's defense is just plain horrible.  Stopping 60 of BU's
>65 shots was pretty impressive.  I think Herlofsky, Allison, Noble, and Heinke
>can be favorably compared to Taylor.

For the most part I agree with this statement, but I wonder about Noble only
because he is a freshman on a very talented team.  I'll be very anxious, as
I'm sure BU fans will be as well, to see how he plays when some of the
talent in front of him graduates.  He sure can be a good one!  I think also
that if we are talking about good net-minders in HE, we can't leave out
Martin Legault.  He has been hurt this year, and he, like Taylor, is playing
for a sub-par team.  Of all the goal-tenders I've had the pleasure of
seeing, I'd rate him write up there on the list.  In games versus Maine,
Legault played better than Herlofsky, Noble, Heinke and Taylor.  I know that
doesn't make it a "fact" but that is what I have to go on.  I think that
there is some really awesome young talent in goal in Hockey East in, as I
said before, Noble, but also in Thibeault from Merrimack, Brian Regan from
UMass (you know they will eventually get some people in front of him) and
I'm sure a couple hours.  I think it's safe to say, that one thing Hockey
East does have is goalies!

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (24-2-6)  GO BLUE!!
The "Magic" Point Total is 20 and counting!