Sender:
From:
"Timothy J. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 13:13:07 -0500
Does anyone have information on Clarkson's Todd White's playing status for
this weekends series at Providence?  He was helped from the ice on Friday
after a scary hit by a Brown player and did not return to that game, nor
did he dress for Saturday's game versus Harvard.  The hit from the Brown
player earned a 5 minute elbowing major, but from my seat 15 feet from the
hit, I saw it a bit differently.  Todd had his head down with the puck in
his skates along the boards.  The Brown player crunched him into the boards
from behind and Todd dropped to the ice.  The hit certainly deserved the
5 minute penalty, but was more of a hit from behind/boarding/charging type
call, rather than an elbow, and IMHO should have carried an additional game
misconduct penalty.

Sorry this simple request got turned into a sermonette.

Any info on Todd White's status would be appreciated either privately or
to the list.  Thanks in advance.

Tim King