Sender:
From:
Matt Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 09:57:32 -0600
Okay, I understand that Tech is the original host of the Great Lakes
Invitational Tournament.  I likewise understand that somehow U of M has
finagled its way into being co-host.  My question is this: what is the
status of MSU with regard to the tournament?  They've been showing up every
year that I've been paying attention (since 1985).  Are the Spartans
co-co-hosts?  If they aren't, then how come they always show up?  It seems
to me that the tournament is primarily an excuse for the same three teams to
play each other and a fourth chosen at random.

I have nothing against MSU, mind you, in spite of having obtained a degree
from there after years of agonizing labor.  It just strikes me as being a
less than perfectly fair way to run an invitational tournament.  Of course,
I'm not handing out the invitations, am I?

Your information is appreciated.

Matt Anderson
Department of Forest Science
Texas A&M University