Sender:
From:
The Voice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 1994 20:45:51 -0500
I spoke at length with Indiana goaltender Alex Kyrias last night, and he's
pretty excited about the upcoming season.  The Hoosiers finished 3rd in
the 6-team MCHL tourney last year and hope to improve on that showing
this time around...they return the nucleus of a strong team.  There is no
automatic bid to the ACHA nationals due to the amount of teams in the
MCHL.  MSU won the league title last year, but graduate much.  IU returns
Kyrias, Cap. Jim Viscardi, Winger Derek Perkins, among others.  Here's
the home portion of the schedule that Kyrais relayed on to me last night.
All games are played at the hellhole called the Frank Southern Center
on the southside of Bloomington
F 10/28   Kentucky       9:30
S 10/29   Kentucky       6:15
F 11/4    @ Ohio U.
S 11/5    @ Ohio U.
F 11/11   Illinois St.   9:30
S 11/12   Illinois St.   6:15
  somewhere in there they play Purdue at the Carmel Ice Skadium...I want
  to say 11/19-20 or 12/3-4
F 1/13    TBA            9:30
S 1/14    Alumni         6:15
F 1/20    Dayton         9:30
S 1/21    Dayton         6:15
F 2/3     Ohio State     9:30
S 2/4     Ohio State     6:15
F 2/10    Xavier         9:30
S 2/11    Xavier         6:15
F 2/17    Miami          9:30
S 2/18    Miami          6:15
F 2/24-Su 2/26 MCHL trny...site TBA but prob. will be in Bloomington.
Season also includes road trips to Michigan State, Kent State, and Bowling
Green (I think BGSU trip is 1/27-28 & MSU trip is the weekend we don't
play Purdue).

------------Go IU Hoosiers-----------------------Go Boston Bruins-------------
Andrew Smith                  Ph--812-857-1658            [log in to unmask]
For snail-mail and IHL Mailing List Info finger [log in to unmask]
It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done            --The Moody Blues