Sender:
From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 1994 20:19:31 -0400
Steve G wrote:

> When the CCHA all-conference teams came out, and Lacher wasn't even given an
> honorable mention, I exclaimed surprise.  I said it then and I'll say it
> again:  I expect to see Lacher between the pipes of an NHL team before I see
> either Buzak or Stone there.
>
> Steve G

I am not going to argue whether Lacher should or should not have been there.
To be honest, I have not really seen more than a couple of games of those
goalies, so I would have no basis to argue from.  The only thing I will point
out (it's a pet pieve of mine) is that college awards are always and should
always be given out on the basis of how someone plays in college, not how
good of a pro they will be.  I have had this argument with people over the
Heisman Trophy and Hobey Baker awards.  How much pro potential a player has
has nothing to do with any award.

I don't mean to flame (if it appears I did, I apologize), it's just a major
pet pieve of mine.

For now, I hope Lacher is able to make the jump, and that he is able make the
adjustments necessary to succeed on the pro level.  (And I'm not just saying
that because he's coming to the Bruins, heck, I even like the fact that Bill
Guerrin (BC) is doing well for NJ)

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre
Go Lacher!
(OK, so I'm a *little* bit of a Bruins fan) ;-)